My heart has legs! Two little chubby baby legs!

Monday, August 6, 2012

If you don't have beautiful little babes yet and someone who has beautiful babes says to you ... 'parenting is the hardest but most rewarding thing I have ever done', LISTEN UP! Tuck that little gem away in your brain to be plucked out the day you give birth to a slimy, goop covered bundle of gorgeousness! And then remind yourself everyday of it before your feet hit the floor, which will be numerous times in a 24 hour period now that you have a 'little'.

I am in love with my son, he is more amazing and gorgeous and funny and perfect than I could have imagined! That's 2 for 2 now, husband and baby. It's amazing how the smallest things bring me such joy these days, a new noise he makes, seeing recognition in his eyes, when he wiggles to get comfortable on my shoulder and listening to him fart in his sleep.

But boy is it HARD work. I don't think I have ever been so tried in my entire life, or so clueless! Some days I have to think real hard about whether or not i have had a shower. I have had a number of melt downs because my house looks like a farm of pigs have invaded and set up camp. My brother suggested I open a few windows for airing purposes seeing as I have been stuck inside (like some recluse cat lady) held hostage by the whims of a 2 month old. I have 6 magazines that arrived in the post sitting on my coffee table, spines uncracked (i keep telling myself i will get to those). And my socks rarely match.

I know all of you mothers with a child over 2 months of age or more than one child are most likely smirking right now, thinking 'you just wait' but seriously cut a brother some slack! I admit to being fresh off the boat, it's all I know.

Broken sleep is hard, no sleep is harder! My brother keeps reminding me that the constant playing of a baby crying is actually used as a torture method! Having a baby is hard work! But......

It's so unbelievably rewarding!

My little 'chub box', 'pudding', 'pork chop' (just some of the nicknames I have for my son, I also used to call him a jagaloon 'step brothers' but then we looked the meaning of that one up) is going through his first wonder week at the moment. Which idiot decided to name them 'wonder' weeks I would like to know. I looked up the definition of wonder, it means: 

A feeling of surprise mingled with admiration, caused by something beautiful, unexpected, unfamiliar, or inexplicable. 

I think hell week is a better description! However even when my son wakes up every 20 minutes during his nap time in the day and wants to feed every 3 hours instead of his routine 4 and just cries for no reason, I adore cuddling him, shushing him and telling him softly in his little ear 'it is okay', and kissing his little cheek as he falls asleep exhausted on my shoulder.

As Elizabeth Stone said "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."

Let me share some of my favourite pictures of my little heart, because after all, who can resist a cute baby!!!!! Enjoy xx 


My Mema knits the best beanies
Excited about going to church
Day I was born and 5 weeks later
1 month old and almost 2 months old 

No comments: