Saturday, May 26, 2012

I know, the weekends not even over, so doing a weekend review seems kinda crazy. But when do pregnant women ever make sense? I have the luxury of being in the middle of a four day weekend atm. Hubs has no more classes on a Thursday and only one hour on the Friday which means he is home more and we can hang (he is one of my most favourite people in the world to spend time with).

Because I'm almost 35 weeks pregnant and the greatest whinger alive (sore feet, can't walk, tight stomach, super tired, hungry all the time) we haven't had much opportunity to explore our new home. Thursday Mr B decided that we were going to visit Hahndorf, come rain, hail or shine. We didn't discuss 6 degrees and bucketing down though!!! Not good Havaiana weather! Highlight - Lunch at the German Arms Hotel, my seat right next to the GORGEOUS warm fire place, and watching my husband devour a MASSIVE German Hotdog!!!!



Yesterday (Friday) I woke up at 12pm to find that my amazing husband had already cleaned the kitchen and bought me a beautiful bunch of flowers 'to brighten my day'. He also sat me down for a lunch of gourmet pumpkin soup, fresh rolls and macaroons (he has my heart), whilst he cleaned. And if that's not enough, he baked a surprise for afternoon tea - a really yummy lemon loaf, that annoyingly turned out perfect on his first ever baking attempt EVER and in our gas oven none the less. I know he's too good to be true!




Today (Saturday) and tomorrow, hubs is at a course for his study. I am currently getting a few episodes of Revenge so I can curl up on the couch with my blanket and a hot milo. Praying that the rain stays away so that I can wash my clothes. This weather is cursed, and I am running out of clean underwear quickly. Here's hoping that you all have a splendid weekend, wherever you are, whatever you may do.


xx

2 comments:

Caitlin Maree said...

Sounds like a pretty awesome weekend! Glad u r getting to do some exploring aroun ur new hood :-) xx

Anna said...

He has some hidden talents there huh? Good ol' uncle floff! I love harndorf...so glad you got my pressie from there! :)