Never Trust A Skinny Cook....

Friday, August 26, 2011

... How about a healthy looking one with curves??

I'm currently engaged in diet wars in an effort to lose around 25 whopping kilos! I know, I know, we DON'T say the word "diet", rather "lifestyle change". I have a handful of reasons why I'm jumping into this battle, I won't go into them now, perhaps if I'm brave I will post more later.

I'm not on a diet. Diets are about denial. This road for me is about desire.

Where I come unstuck though is the FOOD. Are you thinking "Um Duh"? Before you make any snap judgments about my IQ, let me explain. I love to cook. Seriously love to cook. I'm 32 and I own 45 cook books and have 3 food magazine subscriptions. Not impressed? How about when I tell you I've only been cooking and collecting for the last 3 years. So really where I come unstuck is cooking, you see I'm not into meat and three veg, I have a liking for the "fancy pants" stuff.

Diet food is the definition of UN fancy. That was before I discovered the new Weight Watchers site, and I'm in love. The recipe section gives me something to get excited about, especially the little gadget where you put in your ingredients and it finds a recipe for you. AND best of all..... the food doesn't taste like poo! Or cardboard! Tonight I made my own aoili, do you know excited I was to have aioli (and it wasn't the kind that enlarges your ass)... I'm addicted to the stuff.

1/ Grateful for the Weight Watchers web site.

I'm also so lucky to have two girls with whom I can share my progress, struggles and sins with along the way, fellow weight warriors (though I tell you neither of them need it). Finding people you can talk openly to about being overweight and feeling fat is as rare as hens teeth. It's refreshing to be able to say the word STRETCCCCCCH MARKS and not feel like you've just admitted to having rabies.

Cait (one of my best besties) who inspires me and makes me believe I can do better.
Anna (my beautiful Sister in Law) who keeps me grounded and reminds me that this is about my 'wellbeing' and not a pair of skinny jeans.

2/ I'm grateful to have people to walk with me down this road!

I can't wait to write the grateful post where I am jumping for joy because my ass has down sized ;) You can check out this weeks gratefulness over with Maxabella our wonderful host.

xxx

7 comments:

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

Good on you for this journey. Diet food is every definition of boring and bland, but sounds like you have found the answer with the W W site. Wishing you all the best and enjoy the ride x

Sif said...

Wow, that WWs dohicky sounds good! Having a great support team is always good! Good luck with the 25kgs - sounds like you're on the right track!

Caitlin Maree said...

I'm glad to have u Becks! Skinny, here we come! Proud of u! xx

Kymmie said...

I'm cheering you on from here! And yes, you can still cook amazing things. Just lower in Kjs. Win-Win!

xx

Erin @ Eat Play Bond said...

Good luck on your fitness journey! I am a firm believer in only indulging in the 'good' stuff if its really worth it and keeping things balanced.
Reading along with Maxabella Loves, looking forward to following your progress :)

Anna said...

You are beautiful and gorgeous no matter what mrs b. But you will have the energy you deserve during this journey. Thanks for helping me on my wellness journey too. Learning to love yourself enough to fill your body with nutritious food is such a blessing and I am already reaping the benefits of a "changing" and positive mind :) love you.

Maxabella said...

Oh man, I've been trying to lose weight for nigh on 20 years. Shits me, really. It's a food thing for me for sure. And a care factor. I do keep trying, but only sort of.

Good luck to you! If you really, really want it, then you will succeed. That's the key. x