Last Night

Saturday, August 20, 2011


Last night I hosted a little dinner in honor of my dear sister in law Carina, who is getting married next year. Unable to choose between her 10 best girls, she has opted to have zero bridesmaids stand beside her on the big day. I know terribly sad right, so the 10 of us have come to be known as the "non-bridesmaids"!
Some of the girls got together to chat about weddings, engagement parties, Carina's wilder days, bird lice (no dry retching as you read this Jen), birthing babies, bowel control during birth, lactating in public when you hear a baby cry (solution reached = always carry a vest), Gam Gidgandet and his Burlesque cookie scene and stupid things our husbands do. Cheeks ached from laughing by the end of the night.
Caitlin & Amy
Mel & Carina
Naomi & Jenni
Kerrilie & Amy

I made some yummy food for dinner, some waist conscious treats for dessert, we enjoyed the fire place and a few drops of bubbly to the dulcet tunes of Michael Buble, John Mayer and Jack Johnson. It was a great night with the girls! I however did manage to make my kitchen look like a bomb site. An ATOMIC bomb site.... see below, however brace yourself if you are a clean cook or have OCD.
Hot chocolate making hazard

I know, I know, it's terrible! I am a super unorganised and messy cook, I admit it ashamedly. By the end of the evening when all the girls had trotted off home, I took one look at this catastrophe, turned around, walked in the other direction, right upstairs to my nice cozy warm bed and pulled the covers over my head.

So what am I grateful for?

This morning when I came downstairs after a nice long sleep in I was delighted to see this.....
My gorgeous husband had gotten up and was in the process of cleaning up MY mess. And I must add that he went on to clean the whole lot, vacuum and mop the floors. I'm so grateful for this man who loves me in all ways, including acts of service. Mr B I adore you!

I'm like number 73 on Maxabella's list of grateful people due to my sleep in, however I figure that it's a great thing that there are 72 other people out there sharing and acknowledging that there is ALWAYS something to be grateful for.

xx


3 comments:

Lauren said...

he's a very considerate man that Roelof! Looks like you had a wonderful time! When's the wedding?

Anna said...

Uncle loff!!! You are friggin awesome!!! :) (beautiful looking dinner by the way mrs b. You always know how to throw the perfect shindig.)

Maxabella said...

Mr B is the best! Go you!

Your friend is very, very lucky to have 10 such gorgeous non-bridesmaids. And thank god she chose the sensible option and didn't line you all up like a regiment on the big day!! x