I'm grateful for.......

Friday, July 29, 2011


It's that time of the week again! The one where we all breathe a sigh of relief that we are able to say 'good riddance' to the work week and 'why hello' to the weekend. However there are more things to be grateful for than just the weekend.





1. I'm extremely grateful that my husband is in charge of dinner tonight. Thick juicy steaks are on the menu. Many children are going to bed hungry tonight!

2. That, said husband, loves and spoils me by not only bring home thick juicy steaks, but leaving a little surprise for me on the kitchen table.... can you say PURE INDULGENCE FACIAL AND MASSAGE! Many women are enslaved, trafficked and treated like objects for pleasure tonight!

3. That on this chilly winters night, while my husband is cooking our thick juicy steaks and I am dreaming about facials and massages, I can warm my tootsies by the fire place. Many people are without a home to keep them warm as they sleep on the street tonight!

4. That I have a husband who is my best friend, who honors me, treats me like a princess, and is full of integrity. And that we both know the hand from which our blessings flow. Many souls are empty tonight, though surrounded by people, success, and fortune, there is an void that they can not fill!

Though you may see others who are more fortunate than you, remember there will always be someone less fortunate. So don't look in envy upon those who have more, be grateful for what you have been blessed with as your realise there are some who have so very little.

There is a lot to be grateful for, check it out here!

xx

5 comments:

Posie Patchwork said...

Oh i absolutely LOVE the way you write, so heart felt, worldly & real. My husband buys me facials & massages too, yay, they are truly the best thing in the world, indulgence, ahhhh.
Enjoy those steaks, i appreciate & don't waste food either, it's so disrespectful to those who are hungry, in our country & around the world.
Always have a soft spot for someone who loves their husband so openly & fully, yay, i feel very lucky too. Only mine lives in your city & i'm here in my city, sigh, love Posie

Seana Smith said...

Hello, lovely to meet you via the Weekend Grateful. I'm so fully aligned with the idea of not comparing yourself to people who have more (of whatever) as others will also have less.

And I agree with Posie, how lovely to be so happy and in love and to share it with the world - hooray for being young and in love!

Seana Smith said...

Hello, lovely to meet you via the Weekend Grateful. I'm so fully aligned with the idea of not comparing yourself to people who have more (of whatever) as others will also have less.

And I agree with Posie, how lovely to be so happy and in love and to share it with the world - hooray for being young and in love!

Seana Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Maxabella said...

Good man! That's all there is to say, really! Good man!! x