I'm grateful for.......

Saturday, July 16, 2011


Marriage & Our Better Halves!

Today we have the sheer joy of celebrating with a family so dear to our hearts, as their precious only daughter walks down the aisle. To marry the boy she has loved since she was little! What a dream come true.

I'm so grateful for the gift of marriage. I'd dreamt of getting married since I was four years old, I remember being 12 and creating wedding dress designs with my little HB pencil. Many a cute boy came (and went) and I wondered....... "Will I be his Mrs?". Planning my wedding was a labour of LOVE. I hand made cards to ask my special girls to join me on the day as bridesmaids, I made a wedding newsletter with all the hot wedding goss, and by the day I got married I had 87 bridal magazines! I continued buying them for some time after I was married.

I've been married almost four years now, the wedding and glee filled preparations are fond, somewhat fading memories. However I have discovered a treasure that far outweighs the bliss of 'the wedding' - My husband, my better half.

What a blessing it is to be joined to someone in such a close, intimate, forever way! My husband is honestly my best friend, he knows my soul (because I am so vocal in baring it). He knows my thoughts and dreams, he see's my raw emotions, I have no fear of being my true self with him. He is the only person who I have ever felt that I can be exactly 'me' with. Others cause us to temper our opinions, watch our words, sugar coat things, step lightly, but with my man... I am as I am!

I have some beautiful other besties, who I love and adore and whom I can relax and be myself with. However only my husband see's me warts and all!!! I am so undeniably grateful for my better half!

Fill your day with encouragement to be truly grateful by visiting Maxabella xx And I promise to upload some of today's wedding piccies, you're going to want to see these, trust me!

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

Grogeous post, Rebecca. You looked so beautiful on your own wedding day, but your thoughts on marriage and your husband are even more so. x

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

What a beautiful post, and a gorgeous photo. x

georgi hampton said...

oh this is so lovely - you are very lucky to be so happy. visiting from maxabella, hope you don't mind a new follower. x

Anna said...

Do you know there is another Mrs B that blogged about Love this week?! How cool is that! Love you Mrs. B and love your writing. You & Mr B are super cute xx