I'm grateful for.......

Friday, July 8, 2011

The simple things in life!

Today I had a day off, so I decided to make it a 'Dee Dah Day'. What is a 'Dee Dah Day', you may ask? Far be it from me to keep this wonderful idea to myself, let me share. I read about this brilliant idea in a book entitled "The Life You've Always Wanted', a 'Dee Dah Day' entails filling a particular day with the things you love most, doing the things you most enjoy, spoiling yourself all day. So I rented Anne of Green Gables the sequel, got myself a McChicken Meal (my first in years) with a Strawberry Shake and sat on the couch all afternoon in my Pyjama's! It was delightful and I'm so grateful that the simple things in life can bring me such utter pleasure.


Check out more gratefuls over with Maxabella!


13 comments:

Anne said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day!

Anne @ Domesblissity

georgi hampton said...

popped over from maxabella - what a great idea, having a day to treat yourself. I need to remind me to do this now and then - it's so important! have a lovely weekend x

Kellie said...

I want one of those days!!! I NEED one of those days!! hehe! Sounds divine! ;)

Salamander said...

Ohhhhhh!!!! So jealous!!!! Might have to blow off the 40th birthday party tomorrow night for a little DVD / Maccas time...after all, it isn't every Saturday night you have a babysitter!! Mmmmm.

Jodi @ The Scribble Den said...

Sounds perfect!

Jane said...

I have never heard of a Dee Dah Day but I am LOVING the sound of it! Sounds like the perfect way to spend a day xxx

Lisa said...

Oh, I totally LOVE Anne of Green Gables! And there's nothing more wonderful than an afternoon (or a whole day!) in your pjs. Lucky you :-)

Maxabella said...

I wanna have a Dee Dah Day too! x

Kate said...

I love Anne of Green Gables and your day sounds wonderful. A great concept too.

sascedar said...

looks like an awesome day!

Lauren said...

ha dee dah day! that first time pappa spilsbury msg that I had no idea what he was talking about! :) glad you could enjoy your day sister x

Julia said...

LOVE it! Am so going to schedule myself a Dee Dah day. ASAP.

Anonymous said...

John Ortberg is amazing! Will have to read that. Good on you for having a dee dah day. Blessings, Amelia