I'm grateful for.......

Friday, May 27, 2011


My Mum!

(Mum and I at my wedding)

Growing up I was an absolute pain in the ass. Upon moving out of home, and getting married, my relationship with my wonderful Mum has blossomed. Of course she's always been wonderful, however teenage angsts often acts as blinkers.

My mum did something for me the other day, which came to mind when I pondered what I am grateful for. We visited her and my Dad to hang out and watch Queensland KILL NSW in the state of origin (just had to throw that in there), and when I arrived she had a little gift waiting for me...

A prayer box

'I know you have lots of worries at the moment, so I bought this for you so that you can pray about them, write them down, put them in the box and then let go of them' she said.

Best gift I've received in a very long time. What's more beautiful than the box is the fact that I know behind the giving of it, is her heart to help me through my struggles. Thanks Mumma!

Be sure to check out more grateful peeps over here! xo


14 comments:

Lauren said...

Tim got a message earlier in the week about what we could have prayer for! she was talking about her prayer box! it's lovely!

Absolute Novice said...

Such a sweet gift! & I agree, being a teenager gives you blinkers to how awesome Mums are x

Miss Pink said...

Wow what a sweet sweet gift!
New follower over from Maxabella Loves!

khush said...

Awe! I was already missing my mommy after I have travelled away from her, this just reduced me to tears Rebecca!
Moms-child relationship is the most beautiful relationship in the universe!

Got in through Maxabella loves and I love what I read!

Jodie Ansted said...

What a great idea!

Where can I get one?

My friend, Jen, gave me some worry dolls once for one of my boys. Have you seen them? They're tiny little dolls in a little box that you tell your worries to, put them under you pillow whilst you sleep, then you're supposed to wake up with your worries gone.

Same thing, I guess. But I love the idea of the prayer box. What a thoughtful mum you have!

Over from Maxabella Loves.

xx

Alice Becomes said...

I was also given some worry dolls a few years back, I think I was too young to use them though. I was a teenager at the time and was obviously blinded by those teen blinkers! A gorgeous gift for you

Gill xo

Miss Mandy said...

That is such a gorgeous gesture. I love it. Glad you know how important your mum is.

Jen said...

That's a lovely present :). I totally get the teenage blinkers :). Sounds like you have a wonderful mum and daughter relationship :)

Katy said...

What a beautiful post. i am a first time visitor and you have a lovely blog!

Lee@mummyissuespart2 said...

Your mumma is lovely. Lovely post. I'm also a first time visitor and I will be back!

Kellie said...

That is such a beautiful idea. What a mother. You are truly blessed. Certainly something to be grateful for!

Kellie said...

That is such a beautiful idea. What a mother. You are truly blessed. Certainly something to be grateful for!

Maxabella said...

What a beautiful mum. We should all have one of these (a beautiful mum AND a prayer box!) x

Anna said...

Did you make the cards? I haven't begun using mine yet but I hope to sit down tonight and put some in.