I'm grateful for.......

Saturday, March 12, 2011


My 3 beautiful nieces. Isabelle and twins Ava & Sophie  (Otherwise known as Boo Boo's, AJ and Soapbox. It's an Auntie's prerogative to have crazy nick names for her little loved ones, right?). I am grateful that these cute babes give me the opportunity to be an Aunt.

 I get to:

 let them stay in the swimming pool for 'alright 5 minutes more',
watch the 'Dora' dvd just 'one more time',
crawl around the house playing hide and go seek while other adults to grown up things,
 give you real lip gloss and actually undo the lid for you,
let you feed yourself long before you're ready and make a HUGE mess
give you all the change out of my wallet for your piggy bank
sneak you that extra cupcake
let you walk around bare foot under the mulberry tree
water you as well as the garden

Basically all the things that Mummy and Daddy are too sensible for, that make Aunties cool. I am so grateful that I get to play that role. 


“Only an Aunt can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.”
~ Spanish Proverb


I'm not the only one who is grateful, check this out...

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Aunties absolutely rock and rule the world. Beautiful photos.

Maxabella said...

And, let's face it, only an aunt can give the bubbas back!! not that a lovely aunt like you would even be thinking that, your nieces are such lucky ducks to have you! x

Kylie said...

What wonderful things to be grateful for! I miss being an aunty that sees her nieces often ... now that we live in another state .. maybe I should send them a random present ...